Ginger and Licorice

Ginger and Licorice
Our cats and Labrador

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quinoa Plus Carrot-Apple-Pear Juice

I used the same basic recipe for the quinoa as yesterday, but today, I added 1 tbsp of Brewer's Yeast for the extra energy and complex B-vitamins.(nutritional info).  Diabetics or people with Hypoglycemia should consult their doctors before using brewer's yeast, because the yeast contains chromium, which may enhance sensitivity to insulin and affect glucose levels.


Turns out I really should have purchased Nutritional Yeast Powder to avoid tipping BGS' sugars.  He isn't diabetic, but we are trying to stave it off.  I prepared it the same as I did previously, but sprinkled the yeast on with the brown sugar.  He didn't taste the difference :)

Today's juice, however, was a different story.  even though he "approved" the recipe from Spark People, he was http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=514217 very outspoken about the fact that he didn't like it.  Oh well, I got some good pulp from it and plan on making carrot "cake" muffins this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment