Ginger and Licorice

Ginger and Licorice
Our cats and Labrador

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I've been slacking on posting, but not on cooking....

BGS bought a Breville Juicer for Christmas, so we...well I have been playing with combinations...

Yesterday was from http://juicerrecipespro.com/delicious-and-filling-weight-loss-juicing-recipes.html. It had

One cucumber (leave skin on)
• One medium red apple (cored, seeds removed, but skin left on)
• Three stalks of celery (leaves on)
• Two tablespoons of vanilla flavored protein powder (sold at health food stores)

BGS hated it....said it almost made him toss his cookies...err...toss his veggies.... He is the only one that tried it since I can't have greens or soy this week.

Today I made a juice from http://healthy-addiction.blogspot.com/2011/04/strawberry-cucumber-juice.html.

Strawberry Cucumber Juice
3/4 C strawberries
3 oz. honeydew melon - I used cantaloupe since that's what I had on hand.
1/2 small cucumber
ice cubes - I tried frozen yogurt

Hull the strawberries. Remove the skin and the seeds from the melon and chop the flesh into chunks. Juice the fruit with the cucumber. Pour the juice over ice in a tall glass and serve.
I tried to substitute frozen yogurt for the ice cubes, but the yogurt disappeared...none of it appeared in the juice container...

He sipped it and instantly said "No more cucumbers in juices."

So I did some quick research and found that we can substitute watermelon for cucumber. Looks like BGS needs to make a stop at the store on the way home :) It's too cold for salad...good thing the Labradum likes cukes... I have two more English cucumbers in the refrigerator.

I'll work on posting the dishes I made and haven't posted...if I can remember them all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment