Ginger and Licorice

Ginger and Licorice
Our cats and Labrador

Monday, April 25, 2011

BGS is Getting Help with Losing Weight

He started Weight Watchers® for men Friday and I am sooooo proud of him. He chose it because the food isn't pre-packaged.  He did Jenny Craig® a couple years ago, but didn't stick with it because he didn't like the food all that much. And since all the meals were pre-packaged, you didn't really get a huge variety.

Tonight I used one of the recipes from the website - Chicken Breast with Honey Balsamic Glaze.  First step was to coat the chicken in thyme, salt, and pepper.  Pan fry the chicken.  Remove the chicken and add the honey-balsamic mixture into the pan and reduce; pour over chicken.  Either I reduced the sauce too much or it didn't have much flavor, because all BGS and I only tasted the thyme.  The reviews on the site rated this recipe highly, so I think I did something wrong.  The pan was probably still too hot when I put the honey/balsamic mix in.

Tomorrow....pork loin

No comments:

Post a Comment